11.10.2008

A Season for Yellow

My goal this morning was to create an inspiration board for a winter wedding using yellow. However, I feel like I did not accomplish that! I am very happy with this board, but feel it is more a spring event. Does this board convey a season to you?{Shoes - The Bride's Cafe, Flower - Martha Stewart, Cake - Frances Palmer Pottery, Candy Buffet - Brides, Door - Style Court, Napkin - Brides, Bouquet - Mimosa Style via Elizabeth Anne Designs, Keys - Alisha Clark Photography, Pillow - Bklyn Pillow}

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that yellow door!

Amanda B. Young said...

Yeah, it feels more spring to me too. But it is gorgeous! I think if you swapped some of the orange tones with white ones (maybe even include some images with snow in them or fur of some kind) you might be able to get a more wintry vibe. Still, it is beautiful!

Kristin said...

I love the yellow, it's very inspiring, but I do also agree with Amanda, that another color needs to be swapped out here. I think a cool grey would also do the trick, to turn this into a winter setting. I still love it!

Deb said...

I think the pillow says fall, but most of the items say spring to me. Beautiful, definitely! But spring for sure.

WishLaura said...

I had a bride who used these colors for her outdoor May wedding. It was beautiful! If you include some red or brown then it's perfect for fall but I like the combo as-is for spring. http://www.wishspecialevents.com/blog/2008/11/dora-kaisorns-pro-photos/

Lucky Designs said...

Thank you all! I am going to try again with this board next week. Laura - that wedding is beautiful! I have to use some of those pictures.