I've been tagged by Darci over at the always lovely With This Ring! I'm supposed to share seven random/weird facts about myself, post the rules here, and then tag seven other people. The rules are...
- Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My random facts are...
- One of my many nicknames is Barbie (in addition to Ari and Ed to name a few others). My college roommates began the tradition after I came to Organic Chemistry class in pink attire. My professors jumped on the bandwagon as well! It seems to continue today because my voice is somewhat like a 4 year old!
- One of my favorite stories from my mom is that I have been a handbag enthusiast since day 1. I never left the house when I was little without at least 2 purses!!
- My formal education is as a marine biologist. (I have a degree in Marine Science from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida.) However, I began working as a computer programmer [after teaching for several years] and got hooked on programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Some of my favorite movies include, but are not limited to...Roman Holiday, To Catch a Thief, and Star Wars.
- One of my favorite vacation spots is Sanibel Island, Florida. My family and I have lots of great memories from shelling on one of the best beaches in the world. I hope to share it with my husband and children soon.
- I am a musician. I have always loved music, and beginning at age 3 I began playing the violin until 5th grade when I became interested in another instrument, the cello. I taught myself how to play and practiced until I was able to play in an honors orchestra and The Cincinnati Symphony Youth Orchestra. Now my husband is teaching me to play my Gretsch Short Scale electric bass.
- One of my favorite foods is sushi. My husband and I have known each for about 13 years, and one of the first times we went out as friends, he took me to have sushi. I have enjoyed it ever since. We love to celebrate Friday nights with sushi and/or Korean dolsot bibimbop.