7.08.2008

Date Night

I have always love to shop, but mainly when I am able to find a deal! I love finding a great sale, or being creative with my budget. It seems each and every day, daily expenses get higher and higher. Now that we are parents, my husband and I are trying to be more resourceful. My mom sent me this article last night (thanks Lupe). I think it was mainly selfish (because as a grandparent, she wants to babysit every single day), but she knows how much my husband and I love to have date night! #27 - Free museum day is probably my favorite. What is your favorite, budget-friendly, date night?


Don't forget to enter our "Nerdy" Giveaway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love date night, and I look forward to it once a month. My hubby and I love to listen to Jazz bands & going to wine tastings, those are two of our favorites. One of our budget-friendly date nights is dessert & a stroll through the park.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Let's see budget friendly? Cooking dinner, no tv rule, loungey music and candles for ambiance, a great bottle of wine and lots and lots of conversation with no interruptions =)

Anonymous said...

My fiance and I love renting movies and eating popcorn on the couch. :) Over the summer we've gone to a few free outdoor concerts which has been great as well!

Susan and Stewart Powers said...

Cheap thrills for date night...how I remember those days in college when money was tight, macaroni and cheese and raman noodles were a staple food. :) During these times, thrill and adventure were at the top of our list.

It's funny to see how creative two people can be when their desire to have fun is higher than their budget. One cheap date idea we both loved was roller skating or roller blading through the park. We got exercise, laughed a lot, and raced. Other fun and silly ideas were: having our own personal modeling show, hide and go seek, playing sports, rolling down the side of a hill, and running through sprinklers. All in all, being kids at heart and sharing life's adventures with someone you love!


Joann
Powers Photography