1.21.2009

Lucky Baby's Birthday

I have to say that my husband is very thoughtful. I am surprised more often than not with flowers when it is his turn to go to the grocery store. I noticed that he often brings home daisies. I completely agree with him. They are sweet, cheerful, and easy to take care of. This seemed like a perfect theme to use for Lucky Baby's first birthday party this spring. (I really cannot believe it has been almost a year already.) I chose daisies for a motif and navy and yellow for our colors. Yes, I am a bit obsessive. Yes, she won't remember. However, I want it to be special, and there will always be pictures. The invitation is also in the works of course. I will share them after they are completed. Here is a quick inspiration board I put together for the party. I feel so hip considering that I picked one of the chic color combinations for 2009 according to Kathryn!

{Runner - Williams Sonoma, Calligraphy - Laura Hooper, Lemons - Martha, Table - In Style Weddings, Table - Toast and Tables, Cake - Martha, Cake display - Rebecca Thus, Placecard holder - American Bridal, Dress - Gap, Placecards - Brides}

6 comments:

Jamie Temple said...

ohhh, I love the dress :) Looks like someone is going to have a grand party! Awesome! :)

MelissaF said...

Can't wait to see the details. I love the color combo...and daisies!

Anonymous said...

i love the yellow ink on the black envelope- so vibrant!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!! I love that dress!!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing navy and yellow for our wedding too! I didn't know that it was picked one of the chic color combinations for 2009, cool. I would love to see photos of your wedding. I bet it was beautiful. I'm gonna browse through your blog some more. Btw, that dress is adorable!

Clipping Path Service said...

I really enjoyed your blog Thanks for sharing such an informative post.